$OLUTIONS for CLIMATE CHANGE - A Button Up Experience
On Sunday, November 24, 2019 from 11:30 am - 5:30 pm, join the Jericho Energy Task Force, Essex Energy Committee, and Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission for an afternoon of entertainment, education, and practical solutions aimed at buttoning up for winter, all at the Essex Experience, adjacent to the Essex Cinemas.
Come learn how to save money--whether through DIY or a certified energy contractor-- and to combat the effects of climate change by improving your energy footprint. Among the various incentives are home energy visits through E-VT where participants will get a $200 coupon off of Energy Star appliances.
Walk through the Home Weatherization trailer to get a cross-section view on how to make your home more comfortable. Talk with professionals about the latest financial incentives to upgrade your energy systems, from weatherization to solar / battery storage and much more, all while the kids bounce around in Suncommon’s inflatable castle.
All the events:
- Home Weatherization Trailer (parked at Essex Cinemas)
- Kid’s activities, including SunCommon's inflatable castle, face painting and a stationary light bulb bike (outside Double E)
- Presentations and films re: weatherization / climate change “drawdown” (at Double E)
- Information tables with Efficiency VT, VT Gas, VSECU, Vermont Electric Cooperative, Suncommon, E-VT-certified Contractors, and CVOEO (at Double E)
- Climate Change Film: The Human Element (from 4pm-5:15pm) (at Double E)
- Coupon offers from participating stores for energy star appliances and other savings (at Double E)
- Free Cider and donuts (courtesy of Efficiency VT)
Directions to the event: 21 Essex Way, Suite 300, Essex Jct,VT 05452
For More Information Contact:
Will Dodge / Catherine McMains / Melanie Needle
(802) 324-2114 / 802 846 4490 ext. 15