Planning Commission Meeting - February 4
The Planning Commission met on Tuesday February 4.
They spend much of their meeting discussing their future projects and organizing their workload. They are currently working with their consultant on new zoning the the Commercial District. That will be wrapping up soon. The decided that they will focus on the following items next:
- An Official Map for the Commercial District and trails around Town;
- Edits to the Riverside Character Based Zoning District, they will be working with the DRB on this;
- Edits to the Zoning Planned Unit Developments;
- Edits to the Zoning to include energy efficiency; and
- Protecting agricultural land and encouraging agricultural businesses.
They looked at their survey on renaming the Commercial District and have a proposed new name - the Mansfield Neighborhood & Business District. AKA Mansfield or the MN&BD. What do you think? They'll be reaching out to folks about this name in the near future.
The PC will have a table at Town Meeting in March. This is a great time for anyone to stop by and chat about planning with the PC.
The minutes of the meeting will be availalbe on this page later this week and the meeting was recorded by MMCTV. That is available on this web page.