Response to the Coronavirus (3/16/20)
Please be aware that town staff are working to put plans in place in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. Our plans are being guided by the following:
- slowing the transmission of the virus;
- continuing essential municipal services and
- ensuring the safety and health of town employees and our citizens.
Depending on the severity of this unfolding health crisis, we may need to re-prioritize municipal services which could include postponing, delaying or cancelling some events, meetings or other services due to safety concerns. We appreciate your understanding as we make adjustments in order to provide as many services as we can while balancing the need for staff and community safety. With this in mind, we respectfully ask that if you do your municipal business by phone, email or our drop boxes. We will do our best to accommodate what you need without you having to visit the town hall. Per CDC guidelines.... less contact is better.
In an effort to keep people safe we have decided to close or limit the following municipal services at this time:
- Access to the town hall conference room is eliminated except for essential meetings of municipal bodies, which will be curtailed as much as possible.
- No members of the public may visit the Highway Garage.
- Most town committee meetings are canceled until further notice.
As you know, the situation is changing every day and sometimes by the minute. Town staff are not experts on the Coronavirus, thus we are monitoring and following the Vermont Department of Health and CDC recommendations and guidelines for safe operation of our services. For the latest information on the virus, please go to the VT Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) webpages which are updated daily. You can also call 211. If you have questions regarding your health, please call your doctor.
Thank you very much for your continued patience and support as we navigate this challenging and fluid situation